Dornoch Heritage Society Committee
|In Attendance - Curator
The purposes of the Committe, as defined by clause 104 of the Dornoch Heritage SCIO Constitution, are:
- To arrange regular meetings of the Society, which may take the form of lectures, exhibitions, seminars, or any other activity that may be of interest to members.
- To actively support and promote Historylinks Museum, by fund-raising, and by the provision of staff and help as may be requested.
- To encourage members to undertake research relating to the heritage of Dornoch Burgh and Parish, providing appropriate assistance and support facilities.
- To sponsor the publication of books, booklets and the dissemination of papers relating to the heritage of Dornoch, with any copyright being vested in the DHSCIO.
- To sponsor the development of educational projects which may lead to lectures, exhibitions or other Historylinks Museum activity.
- To acquire publications pertinent to the heritage of Dornoch to be held in a reference library in Historylinks Museum.
- To recommend to the Board, prior to each AGM, any change in the annual subscription.
- To maintain the register of members of DHSCIO.
- To collect subscriptions of members on behalf of the Board.
Programme of Events
A programme of talks and events runs through the winter months and visits are arranged for the summer.