Dornoch Heritage Society
|In Attendance - Curator
The purposes of the Dornoch Heritage Society are covered by Clause 104 of the Dornoch Heritage SCIO Constitution:
- 104.1 To arrange regular meetings of the Society, which may take the form of lectures, exhibitions, seminars, or any other activity that may be of interest to members.
- 104.2 To actively support and promote Historylinks Museum, by fund-raising, and by the provision of staff and help as may be requested.
- 104.3 To encourage members to undertake research relating to the heritage of Dornoch Burgh and Parish, providing appropriate assistance and support facilities.
- 104.4 To sponsor the publication of books, booklets and the dissemination of papers relating to the heritage of Dornoch, with any copyright being vested in the DHSCIO.
- 104.5 To sponsor the development of educational projects which may lead to lectures, exhibitions or other Historylinks Museum activity.
- 104.6 To acquire publications pertinent to the heritage of Dornoch to be held in a reference library in Historylinks Museum.
- 104.7 To recommend to the Board, prior to each AGM, any change in the annual subscription.
- 104.8 To maintain the register of members of DHSCIO.
- 104.9 To collect subscriptions of members on behalf of the Board.
Programme of Events
A programme of talks and events runs through the winter months and visits are arranged for the summer.