Historylinks Museum Committee
|| Jerry Bishop
|Treasurer / Secretary
|| Tony Rundle
|| Alison Davies
|Highland Council representative
|| Cllr Jim McGillivray
|In Attendance - Curator
|| Lynne Mahoney
The purposes of Historylinks Museum, as defined in Clause 105 of the Dornoch Heritage SCIO Constitution, are:
- To manage and maintain a museum, known as Historylinks Museum.
- To preserve the museum collection of objects, taking all measures to prevent deterioration, damage, loss, accidental destruction or unauthorised disposal of such objects.
- To maintain catalogue records of the museum collection.
- To review, periodically, the acquisition policy and procedures, exercising due diligence in respect of copyright.
- To promote public access to the collection by exhibitions, museum displays and the maintenance of the Dornoch Historylinks Image Library website.
- To promote museum activities conducive to the advancement of research, education, and the heritage of the Dornoch area.
- To purchase, acquire and obtain interests in the copyright of, or the right to display or publish any material which can be used or adapted for the objects of the museum.
- To initiate visual and audio material, reports, books, pamphlets and other literature which may be produced for circulation or dissemination, gratuitously or otherwise.
- To produce, maintain and implement policy and procedure documents to comply with museum grant, accreditation and registration requirements.